VMware Horizon Community
VDI-Jedi
Contributor
Contributor

Citrix Workspace via AppVolumes

So I'm trying to deploy Citrix Workspace via AppVolumes in my new Horizon 8 environment. I've tried about everything I can think of, but it sure seems like this app acts erratic at every turn. The biggest issue I have that happens most of the time is when you launch the Workspace app, it just opens to a white screen and nothing else.

I've tried changing the high DPI settings in citrix, but no dice. Made sure everything was installed as an admin, no dice.

Found some sites talking about a HWAcceleration regkey so I tried that, no dice.

Anyone able to package Workspace before? Anything special you had to do to make it work?

Horizon 8 2111

AppVolumes 4 2111

Citrix Workspace 2210

Windows 10 21H2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VDI-Jedi
Contributor
Contributor

I eventually figured this out.  It all came down to the Edge Webview2 Runtime that is a pre-req for Citrix Workspace.  It turned out we had that installed in several different appstacks and apparently Webview doesn't like that.  We fixed this by tearing it out of every appstack we found it in and then installing it on the Master Image and our packaging VM.  This way it was always present in case it was a pre-req for anything else.  

Once that was done, Citrix rendered fine and we were good to go.

0 Kudos