VMware Horizon Community
gv74
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reboot Prompt at Login When Writable Volume Attached to Computer

Hi all,

Recently we've had cause to create some writable volumes that have computer-based assignments (until now, the few writable volumes we've been using have all been assigned to users).  Everything is fine apart from one oddity where a reboot prompt is displayed at user login.  This is unique to the writable volume being assigned to the computer & never happens on a user assignment.  I know there is at least one KB article relating to this but it does not appear to apply in our case, as we are using linked-clones that immediately refresh on logoff.  The desktop therefore has never had any form of AppStack or writable volume assigned to it (and neither has the parent snapshot on which the clone is based).  Also the user logging in does not have any AppStack or writable volume assignments.  The only volume that is being attached therefore is the writable one for the computer.

We are currently using 2.5 Agent with 2.6 Manager - although will shortly be upgrading to 2.10.  I'm wondering therefore if this is something in the GA agent that has since been corrected in a subsequent update?

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Chnages have been made from 2.5 to help with this issue but if the golden image had a Writable and was not rebooted before "sealing" it up you will get this pop up.

0 Kudos
gv74
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

‌Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your response. I've definitely been very careful to ensure that neither an AppStack or writable volume has ever been anywhere near our gold image, so the clones are absolutely 'clean' in that respect. That's why I'm surprised we are getting the pop-up so frequently.  I'll do some testing with 2.10 to see if the issue has been reduced.

0 Kudos