VMware Horizon Community
ddewire
Contributor
Contributor

fonts not deploying?

Im attempting to add Mathtype to App Volumes but when I deploy the app, the fonts are missing.

Mathtype installs a couple of fonts.  I can see the fonts are installed.  I reboot and complete provisioning.  When the app stack is deployed, Mathtype is there but the fonts are not. 

What am I missing?

Im using App Vol agent 2.9. 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

1. Attach the AppStack to a VM where no App Volume agent is installed

2. Browse to the AppStack (new drive)

3. Check for the Fonts under SVROOT\Windows\Fonts folder

0 Kudos
ddewire
Contributor
Contributor

There is no fonts folder in the AppStack.  I do see a SVROOT\Windows\FontsCV folder with 43 fonts in it.  The app does not see that as an installed font.  

0 Kudos
ddewire
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a ticket on this but Im not hopeful of finding a resolution.  Im guessing the fontCV folder stands for Cloud Volumes and that App Volumes is intentionally moving the fonts.  This font issue isnt specific to this software, installing any font in any AppStack makes them end up in FontsCV.  The fonts appear to work, I can choose them in wordpad.  The issue is that Mathtype specifically checks to make sure its fonts are installed and it is looking in the Fonts folder for them.  Im not sure I will be able to have Mathtype in an AppStack.

0 Kudos
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there anyway to get rid of the FontsCV folder, or turn off it's use?  We have locked down desktops and for those users any font updated in an appstack is no longer available for those users.  I'm guessing it has to do with this FontsCV folder.

Windows 7 and App Volumes 2.9

0 Kudos
lukval
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same problem @ Windows 8.1 and App Volumes 2.10, any news?

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I ended up having to manually install fonts into the parent image for applications that prefer them in the standard fonts folder.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I had trouble with this in the past, in my office appstacks I have a folder that I place any fonts we need in, the in the startup.bat file I have it copy the files from that font folder to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and that seemed to work for us. Also if nothing seems to work, uninstall all of the printers you've installed one at a time. I've seen a bad print driver cause fonts not to be available.

0 Kudos