VMware Cloud Community
SolutionsGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Reregistration of VDP 5.5 at vCenter Appliance 5.5 fails

Hi,

I updated latest VDP 5.1 to VDP 5.5, everything worked fine.

After that I upgrade vCA to 5.5. I did that before the Management Services from VDP went back online because it took more than 6hours, on first install this can take up to 24hours.

Upgrade vCA means deploying a new OVF, which means a new DNS name. I did not register my VDP at an DNS alias, but the old vCAs hostname.

This upgrade went totally fine aswell.

After management services vom VDP came back online I tried to reregister the VDP at the new VDP. The process starts, credentials etc. are validated, old backup jobs deleted, and then, the webbrowser loses connection to the web interface of the VDP and the SSO service on the vCA was killed. Web Client service was still running, but you couldn't login to vCenter.

I just can't register my VDP to the new vCA.

Anybody tried that?

I don't care about deploying a new VDP right now, if I remember the documents correctly, I can remove the backup disks and attach them to the new VDP. But I hoped I would not have to spend time on that.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
snekkalapudi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You mentioned about SSO service got crashed on the VCVA. This is something to do with the VCVA(Linux VC) and not specific to VDP.

If your test connection was successful, then VDP should come up & running fine if the VCVA is in good shape.

-Suresh
0 Kudos