VMware Cloud Community
Elan67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDP 5.5.5.180 cannot edit backup Job

Hi all,

after a lot of tuning I have a working installation of vdp 5.5.5. I have a single backup job for 30 vms and everything seems working well.

Now I need to edit my backup job but when I edit it "Loading..." windows stays forever.

Can someone help me in finding where the log files are located so I can troubleshoot the issue?

Regards

Valerio

0 Kudos
29 Replies
chsc86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

in der Zeit vom 06.06.2014 bis einschließlich 20.06.2014 bin ich nicht im Hause.

Für dringende Angelegenheiten bitte ich Sie, die Supporthotline unter 07243-3734-110 zu kontaktieren.

Ihre E-Mail wird nicht weitergeleitet.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christian Scherwinsky

System Engineer

NetPlans GmbH

Zentrale Karlsruhe

Eisenstockstraße 12

D-76275 Ettlingen

Tel.: +49 (0) 7243 - 37 34 - 254

Fax.: +49 (0) 7243 - 37 34 - 255

mailto:christian.scherwinsky@netplans.de<mailto:christian.scherwinsky@netplans.de>

Cloud & Managed Services, Infrastructure, Storage, Security, Datacenter

Informieren Sie sich doch gleich unter https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.netplans.de/&k=oIvRg1%2BdGAgOoM1BIlLLqw%3D%3D%...;

0 Kudos
Arce23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just FYI,

the problem that we were having was the vCenter. Restarting VDP Appliance did not help.

After a restart of the vCenter running on Windows, we were able to edit and save VDP backup jobs.

VDP running v5.5.6.56.

No indication of any errors on the VDP logs either.

Regards,

Arturas Zalenekas

0 Kudos
GSparks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If someone is actively seeing this issue, can you please IM me, as I would like to request some information from your environment.

Thanks,

Greg Sparks

-Greg Sparks
0 Kudos
SIBTEL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just logged in 'cause I have the same problem. Any info/log I can provide? (no IM cause new to the community Smiley Sad)

0 Kudos
grrrrr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

problem solved by rebooting the vcenter server. It is not a VDP appliance issue.

0 Kudos
Elan67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I rebooted my vcenter server many times (since dec 2013!), but still no edit even on a fresh reboot.

0 Kudos
MPzygo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue here. Fresh install of VDP Advanced last weekend. Licensed on two hosts. Backups and replications working. Can't edit any jobs. Rebooted vCenter. All settings/ports at default levels.

0 Kudos
micha201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

same issue on vdp 5.5.6.56

do you know a solution or should i open an SR?

0 Kudos
micha201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter reboot helps Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Elan67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrading to 5.8 in the end solved my issue!

I can edit with no problem at all!

I'm experiencing a good performance improvement too.

I'm on 5.8 since two days only so I can't tell anymore, I have not tried any restore yet.

Regards

0 Kudos