VMware Cloud Community
martinsetohk
Contributor
Contributor

VDR 1.2.1 do not run schedule after crash!

I setup a few backup jobs and it works normally for a few days.  Then suddenly one day When I see the reports it said "Task terminated unexpectedly, possibly due to power failure or system crash".

After that day, all backup task does not run again!  I can still manually right click a job and then click "Backup now", then the job will run.  But the job just doesn't run by itself anymore.  Even I create a new backup job it also does not run.  Anyone know what's the problem?  Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sumitpatel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Sometime it happens that your destination become unaccessible. and hence Backup Job remove destination from its setting and hence does not run as per its schedule. To resolve this follow below steps.

1)Restart the vmware data recovery appliance

2) After restart, connect to VDR appliance from your vcenter client, Go to Backup Tab and Double Click the Backup Job you have created --> On Left hand side, click on Destination and on the right side select the destination which keeps your backup and clieck on Next.

3) Now Go to Configuration Tab --> On Left side, Click on Destination --> On Right side, Right click on the destination and then click  Integrity Check.

This should resolve your issue and will start next backup schedule automatically .

If you find this answer helpful, please reward points !

Thanks,

Sumit

0 Kudos