VMware Cloud Community
cglavish
Contributor
Contributor

vdr 1.2.1 Integrity Checks Fail on a regular basis

Good day,

We are currently using the vdr appliance 1.2.1.1616 in a vmware 4.1.0 Build 491557 environment. We currently have two separate vdr appliances deployed, each with 2 - 1TB backup destinations.  The backup destinations are on a Drobo 800i.  At this time we cannot upgrade to the latest VDP product as it is not supported in our version of vmware [we will be upgrading in the near future, now that our hardware is supported].  I believe that there is a version 2.0 of the vdr appliance, but I cannot locate the OVF file to deploy, and I am not 100% sure that it is even supported in our version of vmware.

Each vdr appliance reports on occassion, and is becoming almost a weekly occurance, that when executing an Integrity Check it fails for specific restore points, and that the backup set [destination] e.g. SCSI-1:0 will be locked until the restore point with the errors are deleted and integrity check successfully completes.  Errors also sometimes reference error -2241

Have tried to clear the restore points, but none are shown in the Restore tab

Have tried steps in KB#1018060 regarding lock files, there are not .lck files found on the destination datastores.  In all the issues with backup jobs/integrity checks/reclaim operations failing, have never found any lock files on any data destination.

Also have tried steps in KB#1020974.  This has worked once, but other times it reports that the destination is clear and finds no errors.

To rectify the situation, have basically "blown" away the appliance and recreated it.  Most recent was to unmount and format the data destination with the issue - not sure if this will be successful or not, as it was just done prior to submitting this discussion.  Will see if the backup job to this data desitnation runs successfully overnight.

Questions:

1.  Have others experienced these type of issues with the vdr appliance?

2.  Any suggestions on how to make this version of the vdr stable?

3.  Does anyone also use the Drobo 800i successfully with their vdr?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, etc.

0 Kudos
0 Replies