VMware Cloud Community
chengdj
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.0.2 Upgrade to ESX 3.5 update 1

I noticed,after I sucessfully upgrade ESX 3.0.2 to ESX 3.5 update and VC from 2.0.2 to 2.5, that The limit for resource allocation all changed to some #. There were set to unilimited before fro CPU and Memory. Do I change them back to unlimited ?? thanks..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've seen that with normal upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 rollup1, we just modified them back to unlimited. Not exactly sure why this occured, this only happen to 1-3 VMs

0 Kudos
chengdj
Contributor
Contributor

this happened to all my Vms...thanks

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

That does not sound like fun, but yes, you would just change them back to unlimited. We figured this out after seeingn some performance issues with few of the VMs, and if you don't plan on restricting the resources, you can just set them back to be unlimited.

0 Kudos
fatih
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have done several upgrades from ESX 3.01 / 3.02 to 3.5 U1 and everytime almost every VM gets all the resource settings mixed up from Unreserved/Unlimited to some random number...

I have even done this by reinstalling a completely new VC 2.5 instead of just upgrade but I get the same result , so I suppose there must be some VM settings on the ESX servers that VC 2.5 misunderstands..

And then I have just put them back to unlimited/unreserved one by one..

0 Kudos