VMware Cloud Community
Gary-CNC
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to reconfigure the destination virtual machine -An error occurred during reconfiguration

Hello,

I have been trying to move a Server 2016 Exsi on Vmware 6.7 to another host on Vmware 8.0.1 using this tool

I have used this tool serveral times without issues, this is the first time this has happened. I got to 97% and the following error came up:

2023-09-28T08:53:12.259+01:00 error vmware-converter-server[27292] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] [task,352] [LRO] Unexpected Exception: Fault cause: converter.fault.ReconfigurationFault
-->
2023-09-28T08:53:12.275+01:00 info vmware-converter-server[27292] [Originator@6876 sub=Default] [task,381] [task-2] -- ERROR -- Convert: converter.fault.ReconfigurationFault
--> (converter.fault.ReconfigurationFault) {
--> faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,
--> faultMessage = <unset>,
--> description = "Fault cause: vim.fault.NoPermission
--> "
--> msg = ""
--> }

(full logs attached) 

The thing is the Server actually moved across, boots and when running Treesize and other comparision tools everything appears to be the same. This is a DC, I was full domain admin and i ran the program as administrator, so unsure on the permissions failing somehow. Firstly, what could of caused this error? I have looked at various posts on here but non seem to match this situation, at least none actually move the erver while also failing. Secondly, as it failed, i would prefer to delete the server and go again but want to make sure it works this time.

Any advice is appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ptarnawski
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Looks like there is a permission issue: 

--> description = "Fault cause: vim.fault.NoPermission

which means that the Converter tool encountered a problem when trying to reconfigure the VM on the new host.

Visit my blog:AngrySysOps.com
YT: AngryAdminYoutube
Visit my:Xwitter

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks
0 Kudos