VMware Cloud Community
Han
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What file extension is supported when importing a Ghost image?

Hi,

I'm trying to import a Ghost image with the extension .gho. VMware Converter is not recognizing this extension.

But isn't this the common extension for Ghost images?

Regards,

Han.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ghost 9 or higher, which is based on the old PowerQuest format. The extensions are .v2i, not the older .gho.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ghost 9 or higher, which is based on the old PowerQuest format. The extensions are .v2i, not the older .gho.

0 Kudos
Jasemccarty
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've had some .v2i's before, and they didn't import properly unless they had the accompanying .sv2i also.

It should work with the .v2i alone, but I know that Importer had big problems without the .sv2i.

Jase McCarty - @jasemccarty
0 Kudos
rfunk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I verified that the new VMware converter will recognize a .v2i image but not a .gho. If you need to use an older Ghost image, create a new host and boot from CDROM with your ghost boot image CD or from your boot floppy. After the image is laid down run the configure machine option within the VMware converter software to replace the drivers to support the virtual environment and reboot

0 Kudos
Mayur_Patel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So, I have Ghost 11.0 and this creates images with the .gho extension. How do I configure GHost to create images with the .v2i extension?

0 Kudos
Soldi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue here - using newer version of Ghost than 9 and creates .gho extension. Options do not include sv2i or v2i.

0 Kudos
Blue100
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ghost 11 is more so the corporate version its actually DOS based and created *.gho files. You wont be able to specify it to create *.v2i . You can try BESR Desktop Edition. It creates *.v2i files

0 Kudos