VMware Digital Workspace Community
mohit_kumar
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Increase font and icon size in Horizon

Hi there, 

I started using Horizon Client VDI as my company suggested I use it. However, when I connect my Windows laptop to an external monitor (Samsung 32-inch 4k monitor), the resolution seems to be blurry. I did go through online documents and was able to change the resolution (3840 * 2160). However, my text and font size in VDI seems to be very small and when I try to change it by going to settings, it says administrator access is required to change the settings.

Can someone suggest to me how to increase the font and text size while keeping the resolution to 3840 * 2160?

**I have attached the screenshots of my display settings of the Horizon client and settings of Windows OS within VDI below **

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What did the company IT support team say when you asked them about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mohit_kumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @scott28tt ,

My company doesn't usually provide admin access to change this sort of settings.

Can we do anything from Horizon to meet my expectations?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From what you said it is a Windows setting which needs changing, I have no idea personally if there's something in Horizon.

If I were you, I would talk to them first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
mohit_kumar
Contributor
Contributor

Alright.

Will check with them and let you know about further update.

0 Kudos