VMware Horizon Community
opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Default Printers with UEM

I'm currently using the Printer Mappings and some of the users are getting an error in the async logs when the default printer is to be set.  The async log is the only place that the error is shown and I wanted to know if there are other places that I can look to see what is happening.

[ERROR] Error Setting Printer '\\Printer01\printername' as default

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is working now we had to turn off Asynchronous to get the default printers to work for the users that were having problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArnoM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is because the "Run asynchronous" option is marked in your Printer Settings in UEM.

Maybe you can try to set the log file on debug level (in your GPO settings) to see what's going on in more detail.

Blog: https://arnomeijroos.com/ Twitter: @ACMeijroos
0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

I've sometimes seen this happen when there are other products also talking to the Print Spooler at the same time.

Are you using ThinPrint local printer redirection? If so, have a look at this KB: User Environment Management and ThinPrint conflicts when managing printers (2145750) | VMware KB

Are you maybe also using App Volumes? AppVolumes restarts the Print Spooler if an AppStack with Printer Drivers gets attached. This could cause a timing conflict as well.

opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'll check out the thin print local printer redirection KB.  That might be creating the problem that I am seeing.  Debug logs are on and it only happens to certain users.  App Volumes are currently not being used.

opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is working now we had to turn off Asynchronous to get the default printers to work for the users that were having problems.

0 Kudos