VMware Horizon Community
TomH201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Logon Task not working

Hello Community,

I have a odd problem with a Logon-Task which doesn't seem to run.

I have two very similiar Logon-Tasks commands which run a a powershell:

powershell Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.964.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj\AppXManifest.xml'

and

powershell Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSTeams_23272.2707.2453.769_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml'

The first one runs without any problem. The second one (with Teams) doesn't seem to work.

But when doing this command manually (you don't need elevated rights) in the VDI-session it works or the desired purpose has been achieved (I can run the New MS-Teams).

I don't see any errors in the logs:

2023-10-20 11:14:26.221 [INFO ] Running post-import task asynchronously ('powershell Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSTeams_23272.2707.2453.769_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppXManifest.xml'') ('NEW MS-Teams.xml')
2023-10-20 11:14:26.245 [INFO ] Running post-import task asynchronously ('powershell Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.964.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj\AppXManifest.xml'') ('NVIDIA Control Panel.xml')

Has anybody an idea how to troubleshoot this Logon Task or what can cause this behavior?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
antonpaloka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

May I ask why are you doing those two tasks?

0 Kudos
TomH201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @antonpaloka ... yes you can 🙂

I use OSOT to optimize my golden images and in common tasks there is an option to remove/disable Windows store apps (AppX - modern apps). 

The first logon task is to reenable the NVIDIA control panel for users, because it`s an AppX app (modern app or how ever you want to call it) since version 15.x of the vGPU driver package.

The second one (which doesn't work as a logon task) is to enable the NEW MS Teams (AppX version) to run from a shortcut created by DEM.

0 Kudos