VMware Cloud Community
TylerDurden77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Change IOPS settings in custom SATP claim rule

Hi Admin,

I have a custom SATP rule in use :

esxcli storage nmp satp rule add -s "VMW_SATP_ALUA" -P "VMW_PSP_RR" -O iops=1 -c "tpgs_on" -V "3PARdata" -M "VV" -e "HP 3PAR Custom Rule"

I would now like to change the iops to 100 but i dont understand how to do that.

I tried to create a new rule :

esxcli storage nmp satp rule add -s "VMW_SATP_ALUA" -P "VMW_PSP_RR" -O iops=100 -c "tpgs_on" -V "3PARdata" -M "VV" -e "HP 3PAR Custom Rule"

Error adding SATP user rule: Sysinfo error on operation returned status : Bad parameter. Please see the VMkernel log for detailed error information

Do i have to delete the first rule?  How do i delete a satp claim rule?

Cheers

Tyler

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanH84
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am not certain as I've not done it, but I think becuase you have defined a SATP rule for that SATP on that PSP with the same model/vendor details you cannot just over write it.

To remove it, run the same command that you used to add, but replace it with the word remove Smiley Happy

esxcli storage nmp satp rule REMOVE -s "VMW_SATP_ALUA" -P "VMW_PSP_RR" -O iops=1 -c "tpgs_on" -V "3PARdata" -M "VV" -e "HP 3PAR Custom Rule"

Then try adding in the same rule back again with your new option value of 100.

Regards,

Ryan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanH84
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am not certain as I've not done it, but I think becuase you have defined a SATP rule for that SATP on that PSP with the same model/vendor details you cannot just over write it.

To remove it, run the same command that you used to add, but replace it with the word remove Smiley Happy

esxcli storage nmp satp rule REMOVE -s "VMW_SATP_ALUA" -P "VMW_PSP_RR" -O iops=1 -c "tpgs_on" -V "3PARdata" -M "VV" -e "HP 3PAR Custom Rule"

Then try adding in the same rule back again with your new option value of 100.

Regards,

Ryan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
TylerDurden77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Works like a charm Smiley Happy

Thanks!!

0 Kudos