VMware Cloud Community
dell2
Contributor
Contributor

Difference between vsphere client version 4.0 and vsphere enterprise

Hello

i start a vm in my  vsphere client version 4.0 i would like  to know if this vm can work \up even in the vsphere emterprise?

and the same if its work in vm player (work vm player open in the vsphere enterprise?)

thanks

i need it A.S.S.P

0 Kudos
3 Replies
farkasharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you start a VM, it is started on an ESX server, where you are connected to (or to the vCenter) with your vSphere client.
The license version enterprise is meaning the functionalities of the ESX server/vCenter, that can be used/seen with a vSphere client.
If you setup a VM in VMware Player, you can move it to an ESX server, but you will possibly need to convert it.

*** If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful! *** vExpert 2019, VCAP-DCA,VCP,MCSE,MCITS and some more...
0 Kudos
dell2
Contributor
Contributor

so

its should be work ?

this does not mean version?

0 Kudos
farkasharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, it will work, doesnt matter if enterprise or other license. If you move it from Player to the ESX you might still need to convert it, this is depending on the version. To be sure, install VMware Workstation 8 as eval, create the VM and this version you can simply move to the ESX environment without conversion.

*** If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful! *** vExpert 2019, VCAP-DCA,VCP,MCSE,MCITS and some more...
0 Kudos