VMware Cloud Community
RahulSS
Contributor
Contributor

Dual Boot (Testing LAB)

Hi All

Need help here, I am preparing for VCP - DCV and before to sit on join the training that is prerequisite for VMWARE certification. I am looking to create Testing LAB and do test all required stuff.

I have Following Hardware :

1.  A Laptop with i5 Processor + 4GB RAM + 500 GB HDD ( As this already has Windows installed) - Can i use this laptop as HOST (Using ESXI Host Pen drive & install Multiple VM's)

2.    Other laptop with Same configuration ( As this already has Windows installed) - Can i use this laptop as HOST (Using ESXI Host Pen drive & install Multiple VM's)

3.     Desktop with dual core and 4 GB RAM + 300 GB HDD ( Can i directly install ESXI and create Host for Multiple VM's

Well i understand above hardware is sufficient for testing for examination purpose and learn about VMWARE VCP - DCV. Please suugest

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Dualbooting would be possible but quite tricky.
I rather recommend to install VMware Workstation on the host - and then install ESXi as a VM.
This way you could run (better say crawl) 2 ESXi VMs and learn how to manage them using Windows.

If you boot the laptops into ESXi directly you would need a second machine to administrate it.

0 Kudos