VMware Cloud Community
user20
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.1 can't see extended VMFS datastore

Hello,

I have an existing vCenter 4.0 environment. Now I have installed a single ESXi5.1 and attached the server to the SAN. I have in the existing environment 2 datastores. One of them is extended. So now I only see at ESXi5.1 the datastore which isn't extended.

How can I connect the extended datastore to the ESXi5.1 server'? The server see all paths and the single LUNs, but not the extended datastore.

Thank you for help.

Katrin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
user20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

has no one an idea?

Thanks Katrin

0 Kudos
UoGsys
Contributor
Contributor

user20 wrote:

Hello,

I have an existing vCenter 4.0 environment. Now I have installed a single ESXi5.1 and attached the server to the SAN. I have in the existing environment 2 datastores. One of them is extended. So now I only see at ESXi5.1 the datastore which isn't extended.

How can I connect the extended datastore to the ESXi5.1 server'? The server see all paths and the single LUNs, but not the extended datastore.

Thank you for help.

Katrin

Did you say you have a 5.1 ESXi host setup with a vCentre 4 box?

Assuming you've rescanned all your HBAs and then gone into the properties of the datastore and selected the "increase" option? When you do this does the additional space show up?

0 Kudos
user20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

no. I have a vCenter4.0 environment AND a single ESXi5.1 server.

I have rescanned all HBAs and I find all LUNs. When I add a LUN as datastore I have only the option to format the disk, whatever LUN I choose.

0 Kudos
UoGsys
Contributor
Contributor

How are you managing the single ESXi 5.1 box ?

Can you post some screen-caps of what you are seeing from the 4.0 and 5.1 hosts?

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Is it being seen as a snapshot LUN.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos