VMware Cloud Community
Falk_73
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 7 file upload with SFTP starts with 65MB / s and drops to 1.2MB / s after about 3-7 GB upload

ESXi file upload with SFTP starts with 60MB / s and drops to 1.2MB / s after about 3-7 GB upload

I installed ESXi on an Esprimo I5 computer to run a few VMs on it. The VMs are also doing very well.
My problem is the upload and download via SFTP from the client to the data store. Initially the upload starts with approx. 65MB / s and breaks down to approx. 1.2 MB / s.
I only have a 1GBit network card in the system, but this should be sufficient. No VM started when I upload.
If I then call up the settings in the virtual switch and do not change anything but just save without changing anything, the speed increases again and after a short time I have only 1.2 MB / s again.
I chose the free license because the server is only operated at home. At the moment I am still using the evaluation until February 2021.

What causes the network connection to drop in speed?
I also tried Veam Backup, and there it was the same.

Please help.

Ich habe mir auf einem Esprimo I5 Rechner ESXi installiert um darauf ein paar VMs laufen zu lassen. Die VMs laufen auch sehr gut.
Mein Problem ist der Up- und download per SFTP vom Client in den Dataastore. Anfänglich startet der Upload mit ca. 65MB/s und bricht auf ca. 1,2 MB/s zusammen.
Ich habe nur eine 1GBit Netzwerkkarte im System, diese sollte aber ausreichen. Es ist keine VM gestartet wenn ich den upload mache.
Wenn ich dann in den Virtuellen Swicht die Einstellungen aufrufe und nichts ändere sondern nur speichere ohne was zu ändern, steigt die Geschwindigkeit wieder und nach kurzer Zeit habe ich wieder nur 1,2 MB/s.
Ich habe mich für die kostenfreie Lizenz entschieden, da der Server nur zu Hause betrieben wird. Im Moment nutze ich noch die Evaluierung bis Februar 2021.

Was führt zu den Geschwindigkeitseinbruch der Netzwerkverbindung?
Auch Veam Backup habe ich probiert, dort ist es das gleiche Ergebnis.

Bitte um Hilfe.

0 Kudos
0 Replies