VMware Cloud Community
DBennett1971
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi update failure code 1

The article for this error suggest the updates cannot be applied because a previous update (or vib) with an incorrect payload has already been installed. The resolution is to uninstall the vib but it doesn't tell you how to find this vib. the other workaround is to create a baseline without the affected vib but again how can you do this without knowing what the affected vib is.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
You need to indicate the current version (build) you have installed and the version (build) you want to install (update).

Did you try to install the update using CLI ?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
DBennett1971
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was updating to the last available build for 6.7 from build 17700523. This is a stopgap patch before we plan our version 7.0 upgrade. I've just restarted and tried again as I read another article this had resolved the issue but the issue is still there. I am unable to find the invalid vib causing the issue.

Declan

0 Kudos