VMware Cloud Community
IT538332
Contributor
Contributor

HA Detected application heartbeat failure for this Virtual Machine

Hi All,

I'm getting several events stating "vSphere HA Detected application heartbeat failure for this Virtual Machine".  These events appear to be associated with Zimbra Mailbox servers running a Gueat OS of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64-bit).  VMware Tools is Running (3rd-part/Independent) and as far as I can ascertain all is running well.  As far as I am aware Application Monitoring is not configured as I thought for this to happen the SDK had to be used and I believe this not to be the case.

As anybody had similar issues?

Many thanks

JT

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alim786
Expert
Expert

JT

I have not had this specific issue but I have had issues with RHE VMs and their VM Tools. I suspect this is the same thing. If you are happy with the way this VM is working, then I suggest to change it's VM Monitoring setting in the HA Cluster Config Settings to Disabled.

Good Luck !

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
IT538332
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response!

That's the thing, VM monitoring is set to disabled.  Getting the Application Monitoring message confuses me ever so slightly :smileyconfused:

Cheers,

JT

0 Kudos