VMware Cloud Community
MrKhachaturov
Contributor
Contributor

Hetzner - Cloud + vSwitch + ESXi

Hey all! 

Cloud+vSwtich+ESXi.png

I am trying to setup network on ESXi following this guide: https://community.hetzner.com/tutorials/vsphere-vswitch-subnet

Let me tell you all the steps that I have already done and after I will tell what is the problem that I cannot solve. 

I have two dedicated servers in Hetzner. Both servers have only one physical network adapter and one IPv4. 

Dedicates server is runing on Windows OS and Hyper-V. I didn't order a subnet, instead I ordered another additional IP address with a separate MAC address and raised it on a Mikrotik VM for internal routing. According to the instructions, the link to which I posted above, I created a virtual switch tied to a physical adapter and specified the vlan id. Immediately everything connected, I was able to reach the virtual servers on the cloud side.

MrKhachaturov_0-1684005204490.jpeg

MrKhachaturov_1-1684005212870.jpeg

So after I decided to install ESXi on my second dedicated server. 

I installed ESXi following this guide: https://community.hetzner.com/tutorials/install-and-configure-vmware-vsphere#compatibility

Like for on my first dedicated server, I ordered additonal IPv4, seperate MAC and raised it on a Mikrotik VM for internal routing.

I have created new virtual switch without any uplink - VM Switch, after I have renamed "VM Network" to "Bridged Network".

I have created a new Port Group "Routed Netwok" and used the vSwitch VM Switch. 

MrKhachaturov_3-1684005745898.png

MrKhachaturov_4-1684005786670.png

MrKhachaturov_8-1684006364865.png

Mikrotik is runing with two network adapters Birdged Network and Routed Network. 

I have created two more virtual machines for test and there I am using only one network - Routed Network. 

Mikrotik is providing internal routing via Routed Network and everything is working well. 

MrKhachaturov_10-1684006634818.png

MrKhachaturov_11-1684006672822.png

So now I decided to configue vSwitch with vlan id: 4004 from hetzner to connecto ESXi to my cloud servers.

I have assigned vlan id  to Bridged Network and it is now working. I have created new port group Hetzner vSwitch with vlan id 4004 and connected it to mikrotik like 3 network adatper, after manually configoring ip , it is now working , i cannot ping to my cloud servers. 

MrKhachaturov_12-1684006870345.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sampathnz
Contributor
Contributor

you need an extra route added to the VMs for 10.3.0.0/24 via 10.3.1.1

0 Kudos