VMware Cloud Community
sultanad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to remove an ESXi host using cmd line in putty

Hi All,

I have a number of ESXi 5.1 hosts that are currently being managed by vSphere server.  The entire cluster and vSphere Server need to re-built and I need to work out how I can remove the servers using putty.

vSphere Server is not in a working state, so I am unable to remove via the GUI

Many Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sultanad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've worked it out, by connected directly to each ESXi host and selecting the ESX host, under summary page there is a link to disassociate it from vCentre server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Assuming u are unable to use vcenter hence u want to continue with removing the clusters and add the host into new center. All u can power off the existing center and then install new center create new cluster and add Ur existing hosts into new vcenter

0 Kudos
kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also my suggestion if u wish u can actually check why the vcenter is no working and get the existing vcenter  repaired

0 Kudos
sultanad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

All I would like to know, is there a way of removing an ESXi host from being managed by a vSphere using cmd  Server using a cmd in putty.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
sultanad
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've worked it out, by connected directly to each ESXi host and selecting the ESX host, under summary page there is a link to disassociate it from vCentre server.

0 Kudos