VMware Cloud Community
aaronmartin1651
Contributor
Contributor

Installing VM fails to read from ISO, emulated DVD Drive read fails.

I replaced a 1TB Western Digital drive with a 10TB Ironwolf NAS drive.  I cannot install any VM on this drive, the vmware.log indicates it cannot read from the ISO i am installing from but I have tried multiple ISOs.  I am able to install to other preexisting drives with the same ISO.  The only way I am able to install any VM onto this drive is if I change the bus type to IDE/SATA instead of SCSI.  If I do that I get a lot of I/O errors, so I converted the bus type back afterwards but while the VM is still bootable after conversion the I/O errors persist and I do not trust the VM to bet stable.  What is my fix here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see from the log file you are using ESXi, so I have reported your post to the moderators asking them to move it to the ESXi area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
aaronmartin1651
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry about that, I thought I was in the right place.  If it is not too much trouble once it is moved will I be notified of its location so I can keep track of the question? Thank you.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Posts get the best audience when they are created in the area for the specific product. The path shown above your opening comment will change once a moderator has moved it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos