VMware Cloud Community
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor

Iscsi Host Fails & Network errors occur ?

Hi All,

I had a crash of one of my iscsi target servers running open-e today and even though there were no running vm's on the drives i had network issues on one of my esxi installable servers running build 294855. I noticed that the Drives did nt go grey (not Reachable) on the 3 hosts. And one of the hosts started having network connection issues. Iscsi is connected to seperate network adapters as well as management and vm's. Is this a known issue and if so is it resolved in 4.1? I do not want to submit a service request just want to know if others have experienced this problem.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Can you explain in more details? i'm sure it would help the rest of us to understand you further and advise you accurately.
iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor

OK i will attempt to explain it better.

I have 4 esxi servers connected to 3 iscsi target servers all boot localy and have 8 network adapters3 configured for Iscsi and management.

I have due to hardware issues moved all of my vm's to the 2 remaining iscsi target servers the last server is still running and the hosts are connected to it however there are no running vm's on the drives. The hardware issue came up again and i was going to just leave the server off however i noticed that the one esx i server with build 294855 started having network issues with vm's and the VCenter server connection. The vm machines were loosing 5-7 pings then coming back up for a minute or so then once again loosing pings. I also noticed that on the esxi 4.1 server the drives were greyed out as unavailable. the other 3 esxi servers were not.

once i started the server iscsi target server again the problems disappeared.

0 Kudos