VMware Cloud Community
Gidien
Contributor
Contributor

LSI SAS 3801E and ESXI 4.1

Hi Guys,

Can any tell me if LSI SAS 3801E is supported by ESXI 4.1 ?

In fact, when I install it, it's display in health as normal but in Storage adapters I can see any information about it !

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

It doesn't appear on the HCL but the drivers with ESXi often work with a number of devices that are compatible with supported hardware. The display names in the vSphere client, vCLI output, etc come from the file pci.ids. The device may not have an entry in that file, but is still listed is simple.map which is used to match drivers to devices.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

0 Kudos
Gidien
Contributor
Contributor

Thank Dave,

We are installing ESXI 4.1 on a new DL 380 G6 server with two LSI SAS3810E adapters that we want to connect HP MSA 2312sa.

each time that we connect the MSA to the server, the ESXI will hung on the message "Multiextent load successfully" , if we turn off the MSA, the ESXI will start correctly.

we didn't add the host to MSA, we need to find WWN.

any recommendation thank You

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

I would contact LSI to ask about their support plans. Otherwise I would swap it out for something that is supported. Also watch this page as updated drivers get published there - http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4#drivers_tools.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

0 Kudos
Gidien
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Dave.

I will and let you now.

Have nice day

0 Kudos
Gidien
Contributor
Contributor

I just contact LSI and they said that this model is not supported by VMWARE, this is there answer :

Here is the link to the supported operating systems.

http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/host_bus_adapters/sas_hbas/external/sas3801e/index.htm...

which storgae adapter do you recommand us for ESXI 4.1?

0 Kudos