VMware Cloud Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

MS critical error 41VM 2012 R2

Hi, I have created a VM with OS win2012R" server. The VM is running int an ESXi 5.5.0.

Every tim I start it, I see the MS critical error 41: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

But my shutdown are don in the right way. The VMware tools are running and updated.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

MB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've double checked and now I understand:

the server manager dashboard shows the all the errors occured on the last 24 hours.

The abnormal power off that cause this error happened only one time, 8 hours ago so, in some hours, the error will disapper.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vXav
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi,

A few question to help troubleshooting this:

- What update of ESXi 5.5 is your host running?

- Do you have other VMs on that host that don't have this issue? If yes what are the differences between them?

- Does the VM generate the 41 if you migrate it to another host? If no what are the differences between the 2 hosts?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

my host rund ESXi 5.5.0, 2718055

it seems that this issue is releated to all the windows 2012 r2 VMs that I deploy from a common template

I have the same error even if I migrate the VM

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've double checked and now I understand:

the server manager dashboard shows the all the errors occured on the last 24 hours.

The abnormal power off that cause this error happened only one time, 8 hours ago so, in some hours, the error will disapper.

Thanks

0 Kudos