VMware Cloud Community
gerryjohnbarnet
Contributor
Contributor

Monitoring ESXi with Dell Vcenter Plugin

Hi, I am brand new to ESXi/Vsphere so apologies if my quation is confusing. I have just installed the DVC plugin v1.01, created a connection profile and am  able to see inventory, connect to hosts/idrac etc. However I am going round in  circles finding out how to enable email alerts, snmp community names and where  the alerts get generated and how they are sent.
I have set up the Dell VC Plugin appliance  as a trap destination in OMSA on the ESX servers using the VCLI commands  but cannot see where in the  VC Plugin the community name can be set or emails generated if indeed they are  generated by the VC plugin..
Are traps collected by VCP just forwarded to Virtual  center fopr emails to be generated there? In Vcenter there is an snmp trap  destination you can set but that seems to be a circular action. As you can see I  am VERY confused.

Basically I need to know how to set a community name in Dell VCP so I can send traps to it from OMSA/iDrac and how that can then generate an email alert.

Thanks,

Gerry

0 Kudos
0 Replies