VMware Cloud Community
ICWILL
Contributor
Contributor

NFS 4.1 Disconnects - NFS 4.1 Advanced System Settings

We are experiencing periodic disconnects to a NFS v4.1 data store from our vSphere v6 host. It occurs during a period of high IO and an associated VMware event indicating the hypervisor has lost connection to the NFS server. After a minute or two the NFS data store will re-mount.

In NFS v3 I see people recommending modifying NFS.MaxQueueDepth https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=20161... but this only seems to apply to NFS v3.

For NFS v4.1 the settings in host > configuration > advanced system settings - start with "NFS41." instead of "NFS." So I assume any changes made to NFS.MaxQueDepth would not apply to our NFS v4.1 data stores.

Does anyone have any experience with modifying NFS41 advanced system settings? I'd like to find a setting comparable to MaxQueueDepth for NFS v3 that will work with NFS v4.1. Right now since NFS v4.1 is relatively new I'm not finding any documentation on these NFS41 advanced settings.

I have a suspicion that NFS41.MaxRead and NFS41.MaxWrite may be similar to NFS.MaxQueueDepth, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies