VMware Cloud Community
NesPet
Contributor
Contributor

No Mouse Cursor version 7.0.2

I appear to be experiencing the dreaded disappearing mouse problem in version 7.0.2, and am hoping that by now there is a fix that works.

Environment:

ESXi 7.0.2, with two VMs running Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10, VMware Tools installed on both.

Description:

I log in to the web interface of the hypervisor and open the console window for one of the VMs.  The mouse cursor disappears when I roll over the window.  I am unable to establish whether or not it works in the window at all.  I have tried this under Chrome, Edge (Chromium), Firefox, and even Internet Explorer.  I had noticed older articles suggesting I try VMRC and installed the most current version I could find (apparently for version 5.5?), but the plugin doesn't even register as having been installed in any of the browsers.  And I have tried the steps in this article (Keyboard or mouse do not work in a hosted virtual machine (1008443) (vmware.com)) with no luck.

What am I missing here?  

EDIT: The Win10 guest randomly started working.  It's just the Server 2019 guest that has the issue.  New symptom: deploying VMware Tools via the hypervisor appears to be working, then it dismounts after a few minutes and it's back to needing to be installed.  Compatibility issue, maybe?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

The latest version of the VMRC product is version 12.0.1 you must have a profile to access the "Customer Connect" services and this is the download link:
https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VMRC1201&productId=1345

But then you indicated to use ESXi 7.0.2 without specifying anything else, over time several builds have been released, which have introduced a large number of fixes, including various vulnerabilities, IMHO consider using the most recent.

Regards,
Ferdinando

NesPet
Contributor
Contributor

That did it.  Thanks!

For some reason, more recent versions were not showing up in searches on the Downloads page.

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Glad to have been of help.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I have got rid of the problem by restarting chrome.

0 Kudos