VMware Cloud Community
acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

Operating system not found on my virtual machine (exchange server) HELP!!!

I have a VMWARE enviroment with over 100 Virtual Servers, Yesterday one of my host had a pink error (Same as Blue screen in Windows). It was a problem with one of the disks in the host and the issue was resolved but my exchange server was one of the virtual machines inside this host and now has an error (Operating system not found). I loaded the BIOS on the virtual machine and It cant see the primary disk info, only the secondary disk.

please help.

AC

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Some more details might help.

Which files do you see in the VM's folder? Please post either a screenshot of the datastore browser window, or the command line output of ls -lisa.

This information along with the VM's .vmx file, and the latest vmware.log (use the Attach link) might help with troubleshooting the issue.

André

0 Kudos
acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

All the logs I see a few here.

Let me know any other info you need.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

vmx and log file.

0 Kudos
acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

first log was empty

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

The attached files are empty and your screen shot does not show the full name for some files. Please fix that.
One of the things I usually check when I see this error is to boot the VM without changing anything in the config into a LiveCD.
From the LiveCD I then check the partitiontables (maybe the disk is no longer bootable because a flag is missing) and presence of boot-files like BOOTMGR or NTLDR.
Please avoid doing the same checks with a second VM !!!

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

please check vmware.log - it is still empty

0 Kudos
acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

new log

acappa70
Contributor
Contributor

As you said the problem was with the boot order In my SCSI drives. As soon as the order was changed it worked.

Thanks for your help :smileygrin:

0 Kudos