VMware Cloud Community
gilljr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recovering a Virtual Machine

I am running 3 machines as ESXi 4 VMWare servers and am managing it with vSphere.

One of my SANS failed and I just was able to get the data recovered.

Here is my issue. The Virtual Machines are no longer listed on the VMWare server and I cannot find a way to re-add the machines. Is there a way to re-insert the machines into the system? I have mapped the new datastore that has the recovered files and can see the files.

vSphere Client Version 4.1.0

vCenter Server Version 4.1.0

VMware ESXi, 4.0.0, 504850

Gilbert

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - if the LUN has been presented to the ESX hosts you should be able to use the datastore browser and readd the VMs to the inventory - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - if the LUN has been presented to the ESX hosts you should be able to use the datastore browser and readd the VMs to the inventory - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
gilljr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did not see that option until I highlighted the vmx file. Missed that before. Thank you for your help.

Gilbert

0 Kudos