VMware Cloud Community
benhcen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Required config parameter [amqp_password] is missing

hi sir,

please advise why this happen ,after install vmware tools

Centos 6.7 ,64bit,  vmware 6.0 3382124  , only this version have this problem

%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S,542[1480]: CommAmqpListener: [CCafException] CAppConfig::getString() Required config parameter [amqp_password] is missing from section [amqp]

thx

ben

5 Replies
akshunj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I observed this error as well after updating my VM to VMX10 and Updating the VMware Tools. I tried a fresh CentOS6.7 install and VMware tools install with the same results. The error seems to be related to RabbitMQ, but I don't have this installed. Perhaps there is a dependency?

Edit: VMware Tools Version: 10.0.0.50046 (build-3000743)

0 Kudos
akshunj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have been playing around with this a bit and discovered that if you run /usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl and don't pass in the -defaults argument, select no when you are prompted "Do you want to enable Guest Authentication (vgauth)? The error goes away on the next reboot. I'll have to rework my script that automatically compiles vmware-tools after a kernel update. I use the -defaults option.

0 Kudos
Dave3011
Contributor
Contributor

I've just found that if you append

answer ENABLE_VGAUTH no

answer ENABLE_CAF no

to /etc/vmware-tools/locations, you can use the --defaults option and it works provided that a previous version of VMware-tools was installed successfully.

This is on Oracle Linux 6 with VM Tools version  10.0.6 build-3560309 (should be the same for centOS and redhat)

0 Kudos
ricky73
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VMware says: Common Agent Framework: Common Agent Framework (CAF) provides the basic services necessary to simplify secure and efficient management of agents inside the guest virtual machines. If both VGAUTH and CAF are disabled what happens? If  this one It's new feature of VM tools 10 what problems can I have without it?

0 Kudos
narendramadanap
Contributor
Contributor

CAF can be disabled without disabling VGAuth. Disabling CAF will not cause any functional breach in VMTools.

0 Kudos