VMware Cloud Community
r9host
Contributor
Contributor

Routing an IP to a VM through a different DC using a distributed switch

Hello VMware Experts,

I have a virtual datacenter  containing 3 ESXi hosts each of which hosted in different physical locations. I have created a distributed vSwitch using vCenter Server which is hosted as a VM on one of ESXi hosts. I have added 2 of hosts to the vDS abd have migrated their management and VM etworks to the vDS. Hosts which are added to vDS are functioning and well without any network connectivity issue. My purpose is to route an IP address from one host to a VM on another  one in such a way that I can assign the VM an IP address which is routable to other host which is located in different physical datacenter.

For example, Host1 in DC1 has been allocated a IP range of 100.x.x.x and Host2 in DC2 has been allocated a IP range of 150.x.x.x. I want to be able to assign a VM on Host1 the IP address of 150.200.100.120.

Th reason for implementing such a scenario is that IP address in DC1 costs much more than DC2.

Please let me know if it is possible to implement such a scenario and if yes, please guide me through right direction.

Thansk all in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies