VMware Cloud Community
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect the guest os from outside.

I have created a suse linux Virtual machine in vSphere Client version 6.7. I have set a static IP Address to the guest OS but i was unable to connect to the system from outside machine and also i was not able to ping the other system from this guest system too.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does this relate to Aria Automation, or is it just a regular vSphere guest OS question?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Its just a regular vSphere guest OS question

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sounds like the IP configuration in the guest OS doesn't match with how the VM is connected to your network, particularly if other guests are working as expected - that's where to start your investigation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply..

actually i have configured the IP Addresses correctly...

i am attaching the configuration screenshots...

Can please check if i need to make any changes ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We don't know how your other guests are configured.

We don't know how you have the VM connected to a port group in a virtual switch, how that port group is configured, or how that virtual switch is configured.

So, not enough to go on...

0 Kudos