VMware Cloud Community
Nige5382
Contributor
Contributor

VM client export fail on disk 1

Hi I'm using Vmware ESXI version 6.5.0/ build number 8294253 with client version 1.27.1 build number 7909286. I am only using a web interface to connect to the ESXI host as i was told that was the only way this version could connect?  I'm trying to export a vm which is powered off and has no snapshots. I right click on the vm and select export. At this point I'm prompted first to save the ovf file (to an external usb hard drive (1tB) as the hoist machine physical drive is too small). This files safes ok. next I'm prompted to same disk 2 (25GB) , again to the external usb drive. This saves successfully in about 5 minutes. Next I'm prompted to save the last drive disk 1 (75GB), again to the external usb drive. This file save errors out after ~ 20 minutes with the following error message (this download was interrupted) . although disk 1 is 50 GB bigger that disk 2 it seems to take a proportionally lot longer time to save with a lot bigger file size. Having said that there is still more than enough space on the external hard drive . Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and correct me in the right way to export this machine successfully. it appears to be timing out because its taking too long to save, going of the time disk 2 saves in this shouldn't take that long. any help is much appointed. Thanks   

0 Kudos
0 Replies