VMware Cloud Community
ikrisna
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Certification

Hi,

I'm new in the VMWare world, usually I do work with Hyper-V, if I want to take VCP-DCV exam, is it a must to take VCA first ? or can I jump in to VCP ?

thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdowd1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I believe you can just jump into VCP. VCA cert is not a requirement to take the VCP-DCV exam but the VCA free course was a good review. Before taking the VCP-DCV exam you need to take a Vmware class, like vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5] or vSphere: Fast Track [V5.5])

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jdowd1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I believe you can just jump into VCP. VCA cert is not a requirement to take the VCP-DCV exam but the VCA free course was a good review. Before taking the VCP-DCV exam you need to take a Vmware class, like vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5] or vSphere: Fast Track [V5.5])

0 Kudos
ikrisna
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

so I have to take the classroom training first ? cannot just register the exam ?

Because if I take the exam only, it should more cheaper, right ?

0 Kudos
jdowd1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yea it's a prerequisite to take a class first. Even after taking a class I feel there is still a lot to learn before taking the exam. Saw somewhere it's recommended to have at least 6 months hands on experience. There is a lot of documents to you can read that is part of the Exam blue print pdf. You can download the Exam blue print on this page:(VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

0 Kudos
ikrisna
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks m8 ! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
VM_JOf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, I suggest you go straight to vSphere 6.0 Certification Track. It's worth it! http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/certification/ VM_JOf

0 Kudos