VMware Cloud Community
shyfur
Contributor
Contributor

VMware HA comparison with other HA solution like HP Service Guard / IBM Power HA

Dear All,

I am new bee in VMware world. recently completed VCP-5. While stuyding I tried to compare VMware HA with other HA solution like HP has SG and IBM has HACMP also Redhat has own cluster suite. We can implement VMware HA/FT within my VM's. At the same time we can alos use othe HA solution. Why we will use other solution where as VMware has their own HA/FT? Yes, all vendors has their own special technology. Which is suitable incase of VMware solution? Should we go for other solution or we will choose VMware HA/FT?

Please advice. Thanks in advanced.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Since you completed VCP5, I assume you are aware of the features and limitations of HA and FT. If these features meet your needs, then go with them. If you need other high availability features for e.g. special applications, you'll need to find out which solution best meets your requirements.

André

0 Kudos
shyfur
Contributor
Contributor

Dear André,

Thank you for reply. To be very honest, I am not awear of the limitations of Vmware HA/FT. Thats is what I am trying to find. Ofcause I will chose the best cluster suite for my app/db. Suddenly it just comes in my mind. I have not tried to dig the question I have written in my post. I will dig it. Before that I wanted to know what excatly experts are thinking?

Thank you

Shyfur

0 Kudos