VMware Cloud Community
johnw230873
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cleaning up log for hosts and noticed all my hosts are seeing this error, has anyone else been able to stop it?

Hi guys, I've had a host go offline so I'm trying to clean up all errors on the host and see this one popping up in the hostd file, from what I can tell all hosts are seeing this but appear to be working fine. I have done searches for it but all returned searches so far seem to be for something else and it just so happens this is in the log as well Smiley Sad

Does anyone know what this means and how to appoach cleaning it up ?

'SoapAdapter.HTTPService.HttpConnection'] Failed to read header on stream <io_obj p:0x8d09b048, h:70, <TCP '0.0.0.0:0'>, <TCP '0.0.0.0:0'>>: N7Vmacore15SystemExceptionE(Connection reset by peer)

and

hostd[FF9F2AF0] [Originator@6876 sub=SoapAdapter.HTTPService.HttpConnection] Failed to read header on stream <io_obj p:0x46d4754c, h:34, <TCP '0.0.0.0:0'>, <TCP '0.0.0.0:0'>>

2 Replies
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Seems like it might be the same issue as in 5.x....

hostd.log file reports failed connections to localhost (2079299) | VMware KB

/Rubeck

johnw230873
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Rubeck, interesting is that I'm running 6.0u2 (fresh install and not an update), also I see my ip is 0.0.0.0 which the example has a loopback address, I now have a support case in with VMware and expect them to come back with safe to ignore, cheers for the reply as I hadn't see this page in my searches.

0 Kudos