VMware Cloud Community
mstevens492
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to determine HP CIM version?

I am wondering if anyone knows the command to determine what version of HP CIM is running on our ESXi servers? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't have access to a HP host at the moment, but you should be a able to determine whether and which version of the HP CIM providers is installed by running

esxcli software vib list | less

instead of "| less" you could also try"| grep -i HP" or "| grep -i Hewlett" to filter the output.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't have access to a HP host at the moment, but you should be a able to determine whether and which version of the HP CIM providers is installed by running

esxcli software vib list | less

instead of "| less" you could also try"| grep -i HP" or "| grep -i Hewlett" to filter the output.

André

0 Kudos
mstevens492
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked great for esxi 5.  But before I mark your answer correct, by any chance do you know how to do the same for esxi 4.1?  I know this isn't the 4.1 forum, so I can create a new discussion there if necessary, I just thought I'd ask first.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can try to use VMware vCLI and run the command

vihostupdate.pl –server <server> –query

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind