VMware Cloud Community
Zalaur
Contributor
Contributor

no disks listed

Hi, I hope somoeone can help.

I am running ESXI 6.7U3 on a DELL T7600 all was good until I had a power outage.  My esxi has booted, but no disks are available, ESXI is not detecting my data stores or my raid adapter.  When I ssh into the box and browse to /dev/disks there is nothing in there.  My ESXI is running on the very same controller that is not seing the disks, sorry if this is vague.

Z

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the area for ESXi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Zalaur
Contributor
Contributor

OK, no problem.  I have fixed this myself(sort of).  I rolled back to an earlier kernel, this worked, however when I started one of my VMs it complained about trying to connect to a network /  device that didn't exist.  It seems that rolling back removed a vmware network that I had configured.  So just a bit of a headache.  I also did an upgrade, which repartitioned the disk, thus removing all the VMs that were on that datastore, lesson learned not to install esxi on the same drive as the VMs.  (this is in a home lab environment.)

Zane

0 Kudos