VMware Cloud Community
jasonsomers
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter keeps disconnecting ESX hosts!

Three individual ESX servers are running fine - just finished addressing resolving issues. Each can ping each other and the vcenter server by the long and short names...

However, I still can't manage to get vCenter working properly. I have recently upgraded to 4.00 U2 to see if that would have an effect, but sadly no... When I add a new host, it registers for about 10 seconds, then I can see the VMs on that server and their status - but then it disconnects.

I have attached my vcenter vpx log that was generated right after i tried connecting the ntserver6 esx server to vcenter... any clues anyone?

Thx!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please read ESX 4.0 U1 host disconnects from VC and follow the links I posted there.

André

0 Kudos
jasonsomers
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I had seen those articles. <serverIP> is correct on all ESX servers, and these are directly connected trhu a standard 1Gb switch - no NAT is happenning here.

It does appear though, that of my three servers, (server2, server6 and server9) server9 does maintain connection to vCenter. All settings look identical though. Very frustrating....

0 Kudos