VMware Cloud Community
water270
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere Update Manager 6.0 – how to Fully Integrated Interface with the vSphere Web Client ?

Hello ,

I have to patch my host with the last version to build 4600944 of https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch#search

I don't arrive to install the Plugin Udpate Manager . How can i do that easily ?  What is the best solution to do .

I have donwloaded the CD,  This but i cannot connect to the VCenter.

VMware vCenter Server and Modules
File size: 2.668 GB
File type: iso

Download Now

Read More

VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update 1 Appliance
File size: 2.779 GB
File type: iso

2016-11-25_09h53_48.png

Many thanks.

N.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌Just to confirm, are you trying to download and install Update Manager in your environment?

By the looks of your screenshots, you have downloaded the vCenter Server appliance (VCSA) and you are following the steps to deploy the vCenter Appliance.

If you want to install VUM in version 6, you need to download the other installer (Windows) for vCenter from the VMware download site and use the installer from that media to install VUM onto a windows server in your environment. During the installation of VUM you register it to your vCenter server, which will also register the plugin to the vSphere Web Client.

See the following page for VUM documentation:

vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos