VMware Edu & Cert Community
rajesharihant
Contributor
Contributor

VCP Exam without training.

Hi all, 

I know I need to attend the training to attain VCP 'Certificate'. 

However, due to my current situation, I am unable to do that. 

so, I have 2 questions.

1.   Is it possible to book and appear for the VCP exam - prior to taking the training classes? 

2.  and if I appear and pass the exam - would I get a results score indicating I passed the exam?

thanks for any and all insights on this peculiar question. 

Raj

37 Replies
Krishangopal1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Since taking training for VCP course is mandatory either from VMware official classroom or from its vendors platform prior giving an exam to earn the VCP certificate, Can anyone confirm that if I have completed my training from Udemy platform then will it be considered as completed or done from the official partner platform of VMware or not?

Kindly clarify the above query.

Regards

Krishan Gopal

0 Kudos
ManishKumarVCP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Krishan, 

You must attend a training from VMware Authorised Trainer Center with a VCI Trainer.... Udemy training does not fulfil the requirment.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Krishangopal1 

No, training from Udemy is not authorised in meeting the requirement for a VCP.

The training which is authorised is listed on the VMware website, such as: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html

You always have the option of completing authorised training after passing the exam though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Giodomi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm working with a Local IT Academy, I think there's one in each country so check also if where you live there's VMware IT Academy near you, could be that you can find a VCP-DCV ICM/OS full course with an affordable price.
This is how I get my first VMware training and in this case if fully certified by VMware.

Kudos if it was helpful

GioDomi
0 Kudos
sikhilekanna
Contributor
Contributor

but certification cost very high. it's not affordable to me. please suggest any other way. my four months' salary is nearly $1000.  one month ago, I bought a VMware vcp tutorial from Udemy. 

0 Kudos
Giodomi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

unfortunately there isn't another way. Udemy as other people here already pointed out is not Official.

What  can suggest again is to do the IT Academy course with a local VMware academy near you. 
In theory, but I think it's a standard for all the VMware IT Academy around the globe inside the cost of the "Two courses" ICM and OSS you have also a big discount for the Exam. 

This is the cheaper "official" way in my opinion. Check with the local it academy the cost, they also sometimes offer discounts

Kudos if it was helpful

GioDomi
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As per other replies, taking the authorised training with a VITA is the only cheaper option, bear in mind that you must be paying for the training by yourself, and the training will be spread out over many weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
educert200
Contributor
Contributor

you can take the exam prior to attending official training or after. But VMware will process your certificate only after completing both exam and required official training.

virtual-sith
Contributor
Contributor

Full VCP Certification only if you got both.

You will get a Certification for passing the exam, but no VCP title.

MMartin-Adm
Contributor
Contributor

Could not disagree more. I am a 2x CCIE, AWS Architect and LONG time VMware engineer (since GSX/Workstation 1 days). Prior to the advent of stable, useable Cloud platforms, I helped build three greenfield data centers, one being a solo effort on my part. I'm in a 30+ year career. My highest level certifications have only cost me exam fees, nothing else. Everything I know and can do are a result of real-world VLS implementations of data center technologies, of nearly every kind. I cannot count the number of virtualization engineers who have been very successful in this field who have ZERO VMware certifications nor training, and could de-facto teach your "certification courses" blind folded. Now that we are 98% into multi- and poly- cloud environments, and have effectively sunset our vSphere stacks, I am not sure I care to pass whatever exam comprises vSphere 8 content. I was only passing the exams to keep my employers happy. They needed no other proof. I do love VMWare Workstation and I plan to always keep my installation on the latest version, and that is where it will probably end for me. Goodbye VMWare, it was nice knowing you.  

0 Kudos
ntm223187
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please read detail about your exam in VMware official website. In there you will see some information about the related training and course. Some maybe free and some maybe paid. If there is some training shown as (Required), you must join that training. It is mandatory. Some is show as optional. 
Even you have taken the exam and passed without joining required training, you will not earn any Certificate.

Best Regards,
NTM

goldmay
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an alternative solution or a discounted rate available if you don't have partner access?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is only 1 VCP which does not have a training requirement IF you hold certain Cisco certifications. Check the Cisco path here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-nv-nsxt.html

If that doesn't apply to you or it's not the VCP you want to achieve, there are no alternatives to completing authorised VMware training (either directly with VMware, with a VMware Authorised Training Center partner, or with a VMware IT Academy)

0 Kudos
damin201110141
Contributor
Contributor

thx for info

0 Kudos
mhb4ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you can attend the course with a it academy regulated center 

mhb85
Contributor
Contributor

it academy is the best solution

Tags (1)
wilgee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Definitely an IT Academy. I just completed ICM and and O&S for vsphere 7.

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My tip for you:

Why no training? You can try or start the journey similarly:

VMware Certified Professional - VMware Cloud 2023 (VCP-VMC) is the ideal way to get started.

1. Take the free course "Designing, Configuring, and Managing the VMware Cloud
2. Register for exam 2V0-33.22 and pass it
3. Register for exam 2V0-21.23 and pass it without mandatory training

VMware Certified Professional - VMware Cloud 2023 (VCP-VMC)
https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmware-vcp-vmc-certi...
+
VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization 2023 (VCP-DCV)
https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmw-vcp-dcv-certific...