VMware Cloud Community
defrag4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Performance of Netapp S550 iSCSI SAN?

I am new to the ESX/iSCSI field; I have a client running 12 EndofLife servers and we would like to move them to an ESX 3.5 enviroment. We have already decided on our hosts, 2 HP Quad proc QuadCore processors with 32gig RAM each.

Now were trying to figure out the storage side of things, I plan on running iSCSI but do not know enough to make a final decesion. We are looking for about 3TB of storage space and redunancy is a must.

I cannot find anyone running NetApps S500 series of SANs which leads me to believe it probably does not have enough IO to support a ESX enviroment.

Does anyone have any input on this matter?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It really depends on what feature sets you want . There are people using S500 without any problems and you can check it out here for more details.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

It really depends on what feature sets you want . There are people using S500 without any problems and you can check it out here for more details.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
defrag4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/111937

Here is another article I found discussing the S500

Looks like its what im looking for! Thanks!

0 Kudos