VMware {code} Community
ffullerfrank
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to reach Flings usb network native driver download page

Am I the only one having this issue? I can reach any other download page just fine.

10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Is https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Flings/ct-p/77 the URL you are talking about?

André

0 Kudos
ffullerfrank
Contributor
Contributor

I can reach that page but when I click on the download for 1.13 (8.0 U2), there is no page after that.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Seems to be a bug. Right click the package that you want to download, and use save as.

André

0 Kudos
BleeChin
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't work for me. When i right click and attempt to save, a partial zip file is downloaded with a size of 177 byes. When i try to exact said zip file it has that it is corrupted. Tried it with all versions save result and same file size of 177byes.

What i had to do was search* internet for* the filename of the partially downloaded zip file and download the file from the internet archived.

0 Kudos
Bos
Contributor
Contributor

The download links have not worked for several days now.  Right click -> save file is not an option.  I too had to get driver from Internet Archive.

Ajay0071
Contributor
Contributor

Having same problem here. 

I click on the link and it opens up a email request with the url to someone called eric.nielsen@broadcom.com

why can't i just download the driver. 

such a difficult process for something so simple.

vduvernet
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here. right click give me a 177 bytes ZIP file.

I sent the email to the same person.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
vduvernet
Contributor
Contributor

He answer me, I have a dropbox link available until sunday 17 march 2024 8:00 pm :

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/hzhawpp8q4er7wobrao2r/h?rlkey=ux2yl9v9j92iqri9k4fs32her&dl=0

Hope this helps other people.

0 Kudos
Bos
Contributor
Contributor

Some additional information I received from Eric regarding the changes:

Security Ops would not let us have an open download link.  So we have to guarantee that you have accepted the ULA.   By hitting this link and sending me your community ID and request I can show SecOps that we have approved each request.

We have an integration project which will fix this which will  release May 5th.  Until then I get about 20 requests a day!

We have many things changing but myself and William Lam are committed to keep Flings available during the transitions to new platforms.

Sorry for the inconvenience:-)
feitianxiaozhu
Contributor
Contributor

Try to copy download link,and use xunlei to download.
0 Kudos