VMware Networking Community
solsold
Contributor
Contributor

[HCX] WAN Optimization Service is down after update 4.8.2.0

Hello everyone,

Hope you're doing well.

I decided to write this post because it's been days Disaster Recovery Service is down after doing the 4.8.2.0 HCX update (local and cloud HCX).

Image5.png

I installed all updates on 3 of our hcx appliances, such as:

• HCX-WAN-IX version 4.8.2.0;
  • HCX-NET-EXT version 4.8.2.0;
  • HCX-WAN-OPT version 7.3.9.0.

So far, I tried to:

1. Redeploy appliances on hcx: not working and I'm getting this error message:

[Interconnect-XXXXXXX-IX-I1] Appliance operation failed for applianceId xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx with error Interconnect Service Workflow AppliancePostConfig failed. Error: Given final block not properly padded. Such issues can arise if a bad key is used during decryption.

2. Force-sync appliances on hcx: it's working but nothing has changed;

3. Restart HCX Manager: but nothing has changed;

4. Change IX and NE passwords (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/96193) because I was unable to upgrade IX/NE before: but nothing has changed;

5. From the HCX Manager, nodes IX and NE are disconnected ; And WANOPT status is down.

Image1.png

WANOPT error: WanOptTunnels GET failed; WANOPT is not loged in yet.

Image2.png

Image3.png

6. Run a diagnostic and I'm having this result:

Image4.png

In addition, Site pairing between our local hcx and the cloud hcx is up. 

I tried to search VMWare notes or articles related to the last update but I'm quite lost and I don't know what to do next... I need your help!

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and I wish you a nice day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JS408
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've seen some cases of this happening but the problem was supposed to be fixed in 4.8.2. I would file an SR since it's related to a known issue that's supposed to be already fixed