VMware Horizon Community
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All parent VM's grayed out

In view 4 I am trying to created a new automated desktop pool. I have 3 already and have had no problems with them. When I go to create a 4th all the parent VM's are grayed out.

If I go to one of my current pools and select parent VM's they are grayed out also, but I have options under Default Image.

I restarted the vshpere server and it did not change anything.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Have you used the parent image for something else, maybe a Individual Desktop?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No this is not the case. I have two base images, one has one pool attached, the other has two pools attached, nothing else.

0 Kudos
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you're talking about what I think your talking about you may need to make sure that you have a snapshot created on your parent image. View requires a snapshot to deploy a pool. Maybe someone went through and cleaned up snapshots and thats why all your parent images are now grayed out.

0 Kudos
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have good powered off snapshots, and I can see all the snapshots if I edit an exesting pool.

0 Kudos
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you actually see the snapshots in question when looking at the parent VM in the VSphere client? The pool settings in View administrator maybe showing you old snapshot\parent image info.

I pretty sure you can delete a snapshot\parent VM out from under a pool and it will continue to run fine becasue its working off the replica but View will still tell you its working off of the "MarketingGold" parent image and snapshot "Verison2" or whatever even if it no longer exists.

0 Kudos
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes I can see them in Vsphere. And if I edit an exesting pool I can see all the snapshots, but can not select a new parent VM.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Did you upgrade from VI3.5 recently or any other changes to the configuration?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've been running 4.0 since it came out, Only thing that changed is that I increased one of the pools by 60 this week. Our night tech said that last night provisioning stopped and he had to reenable it for this pool, but I think this was memory related.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure what the error could be, please log an SR with VMware Support and post the SR-number here or send it to my private.

Best regards,

Linjo