VMware Horizon Community
DSRSAS
Contributor
Contributor

Audio Issue and USB with teradici zero clinets

Hi,

I Have installed Horizon view with windows 7 32 bit as a virtual Desktops. Everything is working as expected. The only issue is with the Audio quality when using softphone and the USB printer.

The teradicci audio drivers are installed. The Audio  works fine but if the user starts dragging the application windows and starts web browser while on call, the quality of voice starts dropping and there is a disturbance in the audio.

Also I am facing a issue in HP P1566 usb printer installation, where in the printer is not getting installed. All the other USB printers and HID are working fine.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

when using the softphone - I presume this is being redirected to the guest desktop as a USB device.

In which case, instructions detailed here:  VMware KB: How to improve audio quality when using USB headsets or speakers with a View desktop    *might* help you get improved audio quality.

This is turned off by default, as it is not a fix-all solution  and it might help you but it depends on your application and physical hardware.

Let me know how you get on,

cheers

peterB

DSRSAS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have gone thru that KB but in my case I am using Analog Headphone and MIC. I am not sure if it will help. Still I will check out

0 Kudos
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

ah - ok - so if its an analog headphone and mic then I think the issue needs to be discussed with Teradici support.

VMware does not have any control over how they encode their audio, and subsequently transmit it to/from the desktop.

cheers

peterB

0 Kudos