VMware Horizon Community
LviS29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bandwith requeriments for VM Ware Horizon View 6

Hello, I'm studying and I would like simulate a Network where the Data Center is in other place and connect user remotely. So, I would like know:

What is the Bandwith requeriments for VM Ware Horizon View 6? Include remote access (VM Horizon View Client)

Thanks in advice.

PDT: Excuse me for my english, I don't speak english, I speak spanish.

1 Solution
7 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

on the higher side think each VDI VM will use 200 kbps. Again this is on higher side.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

200kbps sounds pretty low to me. i assume you are asking for the bandwidth required for each user to access their View desktop via PCoIP?  ie the WAN to LAN network bandwidth?

if so, then 200kbps is too low I think as a minimum it is up around the 1Mbps or 1.5Mbps for acceptable user experience. Please confirm specifically which bandwidth you are asking about and I can get you better numbers.

cheers

peterB

LviS29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

Yes, I would like know the bandwidth required for each user to access their View desktop via PCoIP (the user connect from WAN to LAN), but I'm thinking simulate already 100 users to connect their View. Is possible reduce bandwidth consumption?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
LviS29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks !

The Guide is fantastic ! ... but I have a question, this guide Could be used to VMWare Horizon View 6?

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
TonyHuynh201110
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, this guide still applies to Horizon 6. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
LviS29
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot :smileyplus: :'D...You rescue me !

And Thanks to all for your answers and excuse me for my english :smileygrin:

Cheers for you :smileygrin:

0 Kudos