VMware Horizon Community
bseymour
Contributor
Contributor

Black Screen When I log into View 5.2

I need some help. I think that I have all the ports correct. Problem: I have 2 Security Servers setup. The first is for external use with RSA and the second for internal with Active Directory Authentication. Each pointing to its own Connection Broker. (See Pic). If I am internal and I point to the brok01 server then I get right in. RSA works fine. If I am external and I connect just fine excpet when it presents the desktop I get a black screen then disconnect. If I choose RDP everything works fine. Am I missing a port? (See pic).

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My first response on black screen means that PCoIP cannot pass through. it sounds like a firewall issue.

2nd response is virtual video ram on the VM. (does internal PCoIP work ok?)

0 Kudos
bseymour
Contributor
Contributor

So I would agree with the firewall. Does the layout look correct? See my pic.

I don’t think I missed any ports? Also, it works great internal so I would have to rule out video settings, and possible VMware tools taking over the video driver because it works internal pointing to the same security server I am using for external use.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need 4172 UDP open for the external firewall. PCoIP itself isn't tunneled in the SSL session since that would mean encapsulating UDP within TCP sessions.

0 Kudos
bseymour
Contributor
Contributor

So if you look at the pic of my setup this is open.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Oops.. sorry about that. I swear, when I looked at it I didn't see it. What about the client system? What kind of firewall are you using between the client and the Security Server? I'm sure it's a firewall issue or ACL issue somewhere since you can access it internally (this eliminates driver issues and SVGA memory issues.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Firewall settings are just one of the 3 setup steps needed. If the other 2 are not correct you will also get a black screen.

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-14974

Mark

0 Kudos